Saturday, August 16, 2008

Summer comes to an end... back to Utah!

I've been back in Utah for the past 3 weeks and I still can't believe that I'm here. It seems like my time in D.C. flew by. The two months I spent there were wonderful! Its sad to be back but at the same time that chapter (as short as it was) in life has come to a close and now its time to move on. Back to reality! I came back and started my new job a couple weeks ago at a executive recruiting company in Pleasant Grove- and so far I'm really liking it! I want to share some of what Travis and I were up to during the summer, I am really far behind on my blogging! So bear with me as the next few blogs will mostly be updates of some of our favorite places in D.C., our trip to NYC, and our Bear Lake Trip! Here are some random D.C. pics to get started with...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We went to Nationals baseball game! We snuck down to the best seats ever!! It was so cool- I don't think we could have gotten much closer!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This picture doesn't do it justice, but this is the LONGEST escalator ever!!! It takes you from the metro tunnel to ground level, when your at the top the people at the bottom seriously look like little ants! I even timed it, it takes a full 2 minutes 33 seconds to get from one end to the other! I was amazed- I even made Travis make a special trip to come see it! He totally thought I was exagerating until he saw it for himself! Crazy!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Travis and I took a little break and spent a day at Six Flags! What was only a 25 minute car ride (we didn't have a car while we lived in D.C.) turned into a 3 hour metro/bus adventure each way! Once we made it, the trip was totally worth it!! We had so much fun and went on coaster after coaster until we got sick, LITERALLY! Oh well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Travis and I celebrated the anniversary of our first date, July 11th, at a little place called Austin Grill in Bethesda, Maryland. It was on the coolest street where all the restaurants have seating along the sidewalks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After we ate, there was a live band playing on the same street, Travis and I stopped and listened for a bit. It was the perfect night!

3 comments:

Tara Thueson said...

Hey Sadi!!

Oh fun! I only went to Bethesda a few times. It is so pretty up around there. I loved it! I want to go back someday. (Not for work though!)

I actually didn't move anywhere this summer. Braun is a regional now and so he just travels between all of the offices and trains and stuff. It has been a rough summer to say the least! He is gone about 5-6 days a week without us! The last 3 weeks though I have gone with him cause this last month drags! I really missed moving this year though. I've loved it in the past! It's Brauns 6th year doing it though and he was definately ready for a change. Too bad for me and em!! :) are u guys going to do it again? It's such a fun thing to be able to do. (for the wives anyway!!)

Anyway, all of your pictures are cute! I sure wish I could get tan like u. My pasty skin hates you!! Haha:)

Travis and Addie said...

so many fun things! when are you guys moving back home? Trav told me you were staying a little longer so Travis could keep selling...is that right?

Mel said...

OH MY GOSH SADI!!!!!!!! When I saw the picture of that escalator my stomach got the BIGGEST BUTTERFLIES!! I freakin HATED that thing!! It was like straight up and down!! Oh man!! I love all of your pictures though. I miss that place like crazy!! I hope to be able to go back there someday!! So did you guys have a good experience? Did Travis like it or is he about ready to melt down?? Well I hope it was a good thing for you!! Talk to you soon!!