Sunday, August 24, 2008

We LOVED NYC!



Travis and I went to NYC back in July while we were living in D.C. We went with our friends Jamie and Mark and Danny and Beth. Since we all couldn't fit into one car, we decided to take the "chinese bus" to get there. Apparently that is how tons of people get to NYC from D.C... what an adventure!! Ha. We left Chinatown, D.C. at 2:00 AM on Sunday morning and got to NYC about 7:00 AM. We thought this would be so smart because then the boys could work all day Saturday, we could sleep on the bus, explore all day Sunday, and then they would be back on Monday afternoon with plenty of time left to work. Well... things didn't quite go like we planned. The bus ride was nuts, the guy driving the bus was on his phone the entire 5 HOURS- and lets just say Travis and I were in the very back of the bus and it sounded like he was sitting right next to us. You would think he would loose his voice after screaming non-stop for five hours straight, but nope, no such luck! So anyways no one got any sleep and so once we finally made it to NY we were all exhausted. So we took a little nap and then we were off! All six of us in one hotel room with one bed (and one tiny cot)!! We got to see everything we wanted and then some! It was such a fun day- even when it started raining so hard that we had to hide in some gutter cave like hole (Ha! It was pretty funny)! Seriously we had an amazing time! We saw the sights, shopped the swat meet, and spent the evening walking on Broadway. Travis even got to watch Game 6 of the NBA playoffs at the ESPN Zone- he was pretty excited about that one! We did so much that it felt like we were there for a week rather than one day!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE New York! I was there in July too. That's where I was proposed to. :) Love it!!
Anyway..I'm making my blog private..so if you want to see send me your email address so I can invite you.

JEN & JEREMY said...

Hey guys, we had a ton of fun over the weekend too. We really should get together soon. Cute blog by the way. Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Who can't have fun in New York?! Love ya guys!

Travis and Addie said...

you 2 do too many fun things! it's not fair! Seriously though now that Travis is home we should all go on a double date sometime or something...is Travis going to be playing in the bball league? I'm pretty sure trav mentioned it but I could be wrong. If so, then we'll hang out there! Tell Travis to give trav a call :)

Travis and Addie said...

Thanks I love that picture too! There is this setting on my computer I have an HP photo edit program and it's just one of the settings. Some people hate it but I'm obsessed with it! lol Well tell your husband to call my almost husband ;) and plan a double date or something. or just text or call me whenever and maybe we can coordinate something. lol #599-0683