Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pumpkin Carving & Halloween

I love fall. I HATE HATE HATE the cold weather. I am definately not ready for snow yet. It shouldn't snow until AFTER Thanksgiving if I had any say. Fall has come and gone too fast. I love the smell of fall and wearing fall clothes that have been pushed to the back of your closet for months. Its not too hot to wear jeans but you still don't need a jacket. I love the leaves changing and I love the holidays!!!!!!!!!! I think Halloween is so much fun. The week before Halloween all of my family and extended family- cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and even some second cousins get together to carve pumpkins. Its such a fun tradition. Travis hasn't carved pumpkins since he was 12 he claims, so I'm sure this was a pretty life altering event for him. Ha. Anyways it was a blast but the best part is when they put candles in all the pumpkins and then turn out the lights! It was the perfect way to get us in a Halloweeny mood. The next night was Halloween and I know, its lame to admit, but we didn't dress up. We went out to dinner with some of our good friends and then went and watched the scariest movie ever. And yes... I did have nightmares. I think travis thoroughly enjoyed making the most of my terror. He used it against me every chance he got. I know what a punk. Here are some pictures...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Getting all the goo out...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We are all so talented can't you tell?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Halloween night! Don't ask me why I'm bending my knees, usually I'm on my tippy toes trying to be taller!!!

9 comments:

Travis and Addie said...

haha squat down now sadi. lol Trav and I didn't get to carve pumpkins this year :( i missed it. i'm so glad we get to see each other every monday night now!!

Ashley said...

How fun!!!
Hey..What is your email address?

Brenan and Maddi said...

You know Camilla? Crazy! SMall world! And I think we are the best pumpkin carvers ever!

RIndi said...

Looks like fun! I feel like I'm related to you because of all my family pics on your blog! Ha ha jk I guess there's just Maddi and Jess. . . but still!!! You guys are so cute!

Jennie B. said...

Hey! I got Claire's little shoes from Dillard's. ARen't they to die for? So cute, huh?

Tyler and Kilee said...

Yay for pumpkin carving! Tylers family has a big carving fest too and man, they go all out. I carved a little ghost for Beckem and all of theirs put mine to shame. They spend like 2 hours carving instead of 10 mins like me! So, we seriously need to get together. So pathetic our walls touch and we never see each other. We have been gone like the past 3 sundays so we haven't been to our new ward. Have you guys yet??

Robbie + Carly said...

Wow! I had no idea you got married! Congrats! I found your blog on a blog of some people from high school! Hope everything is goin great!

The Wrights said...

Yeah Trav I decided that god gave all the good looks to your lil brother man... sorry but i just saw him at temple square over the holiday and he had about 15 chicks around him..... i guess he's just got game you know, and thats something they just cant teach at school.... I am glad andy gave him a few pointers.... Ha ha ha... Love your boy D.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I love how you have Jess & Bryan and Maddi & Brenan pictures! The South Jordan couples are definitely the cutest. Hope you and Travis are doing well! I think we're planning a big date night with Mads/Brenan, Rindi/Joe, Jess/Bryan, and me/Jonathan; it'd be so much fun to have you and Travis there!